The University of the Incarnate Word takes a glance at its past in a Photo History. The Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word arrived in San Antonio in 1869 responding to a call for help with the those suffering from a yellow fever epidemic. Three young Sisters set up a clinic that would become Santa Rosa Hospital. Next they took up the challenge of an orphanage and then a school which in time evolved into the The College and Academy of the Incarnate Word. This mission of Sisters – and their successors’ – continues at UIW today, with a promise for the future. University of the Incarnate Word Kelso Art Center, Semmes Gallery, throughout September. Designed by Dr. Gilberto Hinojosa. For information on the exhibit, contact email@example.com, Phone: 210-829-3852.